This granola is full of flavor, not just pumpkin! With just the right amount of sweet from maple syrup, raisins, and coconut butter, you'll be grabbing this nutty and fall-spiced mixture by the handful. P.S. it's gluten free!
Ingredients Part I:
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats*
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp coconut butter* (softened)
- ¼ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds without the shell... they are green!)
Ingredients Part II:
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 pinches Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 dash of cinnamon
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Chop pecans and almonds (I like to do this in a food processor*).
- Mix all ingredients, except the pepitas, together in a bowl.
- Add mixture onto an un-greased baking sheet (I like to put a piece of parchment paper on the sheet).
- With a rubber spatula, spread mixture evenly. No need to pat it down, in fact, break it up a bit.
- Bake for 30 minutes. I suggest checking after 15 minutes and move the mixture around here and there to make sure it is cooking evenly.
- While the granola bakes, take a small bowl and mix together all ingredients in the "The Yums Part II."
- After 30 minutes of baking, carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and set down. Sprinkle pepitas evenly across the mixture. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove granola from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Then, drizzle the syrup topping using a small spoon all over the granola.
- Let cool completely (and so that syrup topping no longer sticks to your fingers) and transfer to a big bowl, individual serving baggies, or tupperware. I like to store my granola in the refrigerator to keep in crunchy (it will also keep longer this way), but you can also store at room temperature.
There are so many ways to enjoy this granola... I love it as a snack on its own, as a topping on a smoothie bowl, sprinkled over yogurt or ice cream, and also with almond milk!
*Visit my Favorites page for my favorite brands and links to purchase.